Sunday 2 August 2009

Vlogging

I uploaded my first vlog today. Craziness, I know :) But I've been saying that I would for about a year now, and then I was the only person in the house this morning, so I thought I would try out the camera . . . .

It really has made me appreciate just how difficult and weird vlogging can be. Firstly, you neither sound or look anything like you think you do. My voice isn't quite as whiny as I'd been led to believe, but still . . . very strange seeing yourself on youtube!

Secondly, videos require a lot of retakes and editing. Like, a lot. Takes much longer than I thought it would.

Thirdly, you soon run out of things to say. I think unless you have a 'hook' of a particular style or theme you're aiming for it must be pretty difficult to be even vaguely interesting. I'm probably going to do a mixture of normal 'vlog' stuff, book and film reviews, and the occasional tame-ish rant. No idea how often I'm aiming to record at the mo.

In other news . . . we ordered a lot of the stuff for my dissertation today, so fingers crossed a large amount of JFK books and films will be arriving soon. I'm actually really excited :D 1960s nerds ftw! ooooh, and I ordered Twilight Zone and the last of the usbourne Superpuzzle books :) Double yey!

1 comment:

Anna Feyt said...

awesome! congrats =) the first video is always the hardest. not that i'm a veteran myself XP but it's so awkward when you stop and think "i'm talking to an appliance. does that make me a crazy person?"