Sunday 23 August 2009

Opticians

Another fairly unproductive day . . . not as unproductive as a lot of my days, but still . . . pretty darn unproductive *sigh*
The trouble is that it feels like I did stuff. Ok, so I set my alarm for 7.30 and then didn't get out of bed until 10.30 (the whole 'trying to find a church to attend when I'm home from uni' goal has really not happened yet). And then I made a vlog book review . . . for pretty much all the rest of the day :-s Ok, so I was talking about one of my all-time favourite books, so I had about 13 minutes footage that I eventually managed to cut down to 7, and editing takes me ages . . but it really shouldn't have taken that long. And it's one of those books that there is so, so much to say . . .I was really sad that I had to cut anything out, but vlogs shouln't be 13minutes long. They probably shouldn't be 7. Oh well.
So the only other thing of note I did today was go to the opticians. That was actually pretty fun. It was a cheapo opticians belonging to a supermaket, but they gave amazingly thorough eye-tests - the type of 'push the button when you see the spots', 'focus on the picture in the tunnel' type as well as the usual letters, questions and colours. Dad was paying, and feeling generous (work must be good) so I got to choose two pairs :) I went slightly radical . . . for me anyway. So I'll have one pair of thick black-rimmed glasses, and one pair of thin red frames by next week :D wooooooo.
And now I'm sitting in front of the TV hoping to get some work done before I sleep at the usual crazy hour . . . I really need to get my body-clock sorted out this week. Deadline is approaching, and there's still a lot to do :-s

No comments: