Thursday 15 October 2009

Thoughts

Thoughts whilst in a lecture on cultural history:

1.This lecturer bears an uncanny resemblance to Youtube's Mickeleh. Ok, Mickeleh a decade or so ago. And with a different accent. But still, otherwise they could be twins.
2. Why is this lecturer wearing a tracksuit? Lecturers don't usually wear casual clothes . . .
3. How did I end up sitting behind my good friend C? It's lovely to see her, but what are the chances of me happening to choose that one seat directly behind her one seat for two weeks running, when there are 400 seats in the room?
4. Ummm, why do the doors at the back of the hall keep opening themselves? Is someone listening to the lecture from the wrong side of the hall? Wow, but three doors just opened all a once . . .and now the lecturer is spooked. He may cover it up with laughing, but he's now trying to give the lecture from part-way up the stairs . . .

Thoughts whilst watching 'The Brief Encounter' at film society:
1.Wow, weird accents.
2. I'm glad everyone else agrees. The people in the row in front of me can't stop laughing at all the wrong places . . . and now they're getting slightly hysterical. And it must be infectious, because everyone is biting their lips and sniggering.
3. Oh, and I do feel bad, because this film is gorgeous and sad, and a real classic. But I can't stop laughing.

Thoughts on discovering the 'balloonboy' frenzy that gripped the world(especially when it turned out that he had been at home all along):
1. My goodness, this says a lot about modern society/news coverage/global culture etc etc etc. Perhaps I should vlog about this. Hmmmmm . . .

1 comment:

Jessie Carty said...

Track suit to a lecture? hmmmm...did he think he was a retiree in Florida? US joke!

The balloon boy thing was crazy but I just had this feeling that it was a hoax . . .