Monday 26 October 2009

One of those days

Has been one of those crazy days where I ran around doing lots of stuff not related to my degree, but still important and time-consuming. Most of it got done. But I'm really tired, and should have been in bed ages ago, only I was trying to see if my phone would work- it was receiving texts, but not able to send them or make calls, or even receive calls, despite claiming to have full signal . . . hmmmm. Seems to be ok now, I tested it on Any Question Answered because it was too late to risk waking anyone up - and they replied, even if they screwed up my answer. I asked for reccomendations of atmospheric, indie, non-scary Halloween movies,and they sent me a list that included Psycho, Halloween and Nightmare on Elm Street. I was thinking more along the lines of Donnie Darko . . . oh well. At least the text went through.

Random info of the day:
1.The only place in this town which has the 2006 movie 'Amazing Grace' which I need for a church group tomorrow is the English Faculty library, which I can't borrow items from. Time to call in a favour.
2. 'True Blood' is very . . . . weird. Not sure what I think of it yet.
3. Postage is cheaper than you might think.
4. Phones always break when you need them the most.
5. I'd really like to get fit and start eating more healthily, but not sure how that would fit into my uni lifestyle at the moment. . . I walk a lot, but it would be good to try some other forms of exercise.
6. My younger brother and sister turn 14 in a few hours. I wonder what I'd say to my 14 year old self? Everything seemed so intense then. It was a really influential year, in a whole variety of ways. Just hang on in there I guess.

And now I really do need to sleep.

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

whew! i'm tired reading through that :)

omg, what would i tell my 14 year old self? don't worry - you'll move away? haha, but true!

have you ever seen "the lady in white" that is a pretty tame but classic movie for halloween. older so not sure how easy it would be to find.

ghostwritten said...

No, I havn't seen The Lady in White - thanks for the reccommendation, I'll see if I can find it somewhere :)