Monday 19 October 2009

I really don't blog enough

I'd totally intended to keep this blogging everyday thing up, but I always forget about it until it's late and I'm really tired. . . hmm, so what's been happening in my life recently?
Had choir rehearsal tonight, and there are about 40 freshers, which has pretty much tripled us from the number we were often dwindling to last term . . . it's exciting, we're all hoping they stay.
Church has also seen a big increase in new students, and we're doing lots more socially stuff, which is great.
I'm still seeing my Austrian friend most days, whether it's for a cup of tea in the evening, or lunch in hall - it's nice to have someone who you can keep in daily contact with like that in a busy place like this.
I havn't done enough work, and I'm seeing my supervisor tomorrow, which is a bit nerve-racking.
On Thursday there's a presentation for the Japan JET scheme that I'm thinking of doing after uni - hopefully it'll clear up some of the questions that I have about it.
I've started the first series of TrueBlood and Dollhouse in the last couple of days thanks to my cousin . . . and I'm still watching Flashforward. And I'm soon to start on MadMen series2. Too much addictive American TV around at the moment :)
I still havn't got round to finishing Watchmen . . . but I hope to do so and book review it soon.
My bedroom is flippin freezing this evening.
I've still only caught up with about half the people I wanted to/should catch up with since the summer.
My two gorgeous new Threadless t-shirts arrived today :) They're very geeky, but in a pretty way-I love them already.
And I need to sleep, because I need to cram some work in the morning.
Night all x

3 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

JET is a great program, but it can be difficult to get into. There are lots of other avenues to teaching in Japan but I also hear teaching in Korean is a hot thing right now :)

ghostwritten said...

Yeah,I'm beginnin to realise that JET recruitment is quite competitive . . . I'm thinking that I might do the standard TEFL program and make my own way to Japan in a few years time if JET doesn't work out.

Jessie Carty said...

You totally can't go wrong with the TEFL!