Thursday 24 September 2009

I should blog earlier

So I can do early videos . . . occasionally. Early waking is a bit hit-and-miss, more like every other day at the moment. Perhaps I should write my blog earlier in the day too. That way I wouldn't have reached the falling-asleep-on-the-keyboard stage by the time I'm wanting to do my previously-nightly update. At the moment it's 20.18 and I'm at least capable of writing in comprehensible sentences. ish.

So, this week hasn't been very interesting so far. Some more Kennedy-related stuff has been viewed. I finally finished that 'Dark Side of Camelot' book. The built-in cupboard has been cleared, only to be filled again because I have nowhere else to put my uni things. My bedroom is beginning to resemble the trenches of 1914 - there are now so many boxes that I can barely make it from my bed to the door. Strictly Come Dancing fever has replaced Derren Brown fever, and evenings are spent watching the rumba rehearsals on 'It Takes Two', instead of slowed down footage of a dapper illusionist. Not that DB is entirely out of favour, despite failing to stick me and the sister to the sofa, but Strictly never fails to become at least an incy bit addictive . . . even when old favourites are replaced, the celebs are unheard of, and a certain presenter really needs to retire Oh BBC, you do make me worry. Attempts to please everyone at once always lead to an inability to please anyone at all.

I'm re-reading John Green's 'Paper Towns'. Another book that I'd forgotten how much I like. For some reason it's put me in a nostalgic mood all day, despite being about as far removed from my own life experiences as you can imagine. A strangely beautiful book anyways.

1 comment:

Jessie Carty said...

You know I really loved Paper Towns as well. I only read it recently and there was still something relatable even though my high school experience was really nothing like what is described there. Although I think a book about my high school experience would be terribly boring :)