Wednesday 17 March 2010

The inconvenience of not being made of lined paper

Today I was in a funny mood, so I took in a walk in a park, which is what I tend to do when such odd moods take me. During said walk I counted seven topics which I could blog about, because my head has been full of the type of deep ideas that only appear when you have so much schoolwork to do that you have no time to concentrate on them. I remember feeling bizzarely nostalgic for the endless museum outings that my parents used to take us on, most of which I found incredibly boring, and then I missed certain people I had grown up with, and grandparents I had lost, and even felt a strange fondness for my old school, which, let’s say, isn’t something that happens very often. And there was some all-encompassing point that I came to about all of this that felt slightly brilliant at the time (though it probably wasn’t), and now it is gone. It’s like it’s knocking around at the back of my brain, but I can’t quite reach it. This is probably a sign that I’m getting old.

The moral of the story: I need to have some kind of notebook and pen surgically attached to my hip.

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

i always carry at least a notecard and a pencil stub or something. although now that i have an iTouch i can instead write a little note on it and email it to myself later :)

ah spring melancholy!

ghostwritten said...

Technology is definitely making keeping track of our thoughts easier :)