Monday 22 March 2010

Home

After six hours of train journey, mashed up with heavy suitcases and steep station stairways, I am home, and I am happy :) Just spent the evening watching Coraline (which I LOVED), posing for some strange but hilarious real-people-comedy-fight DS game of Dan's (who is slightly devastated that he has not quite grown taller than me yet), eating healthy and sugary goodness, and generally being slightly crazy :D My family are awesome. At the same time, after a week of seeing uni/ church/ choir friends, a wedding and general nostalgia, I'm realising just how difficult it's going to be to move away from my uni town - to the point were I spent half an hour on the phone to my mum a couple of days ago going through the various ways in which I could stay.

Here is home, and so is there. Manchester, where almost everyone I grew up with still lives, also feels like home sometimes, but not as much as it used to. In an ideal world all these parts of my life would be in the same location, but I'd probably appreciate them less then. I guess I'm lucky to have more than one town in which I feel loved :)

2 comments:

Jessie Carty said...

deciding where to live after college wasn't too hard for me - i went where a job was! but i still wish i could get back to the town where i went to college. i miss it a lot!!!

ghostwritten said...

I think I'm going to miss my uni town too - what a shame that we can't divide into multiple 'selves', and live in several places at the same time :(