Saturday 25 July 2009

BlogFAIL

So . . . I forgot to post anything yesterday. Oooops. I ended up being out for most of the day - Dad was travelling a couple of hours away for work, so me and Mum caught a lift with him and looked round some shops. When I got back I ended up watching trashy TV for most of the evening . . . and me and Paul watched the whole of the computer animated series about the duck and the alligator (Sitting Ducks?). So much funnier when you're older, lots of sentences can be taken diferently . . . we reckon it's all about being gay in small town America.

So today I read 'Interpretation of Murder' by Jed Rubenfeld. I bought it yesterday because it was cheap, and I remember it being really big a few years back. It's a fictionalised version of Freud's visit to New York in 1909, where the murder at the centre of the novel has been invented by the author, but a lot of the dialogue, people and other events are historically accurate. The 'notes' at the end go on for pages, as most of his research was gained from letters and newspapers and the like. Anyway, Freud appoints a follower of his teachings to help the police investigate a vicious murder and attack. I was originally a bit hesitant about reading it because I thought it might be a little boring and . . .Freudian, but it was fantastic. A total page-turner - after reading the first 50pages last night I read the remaining 450 today. It was a little grisly in places, and it was Freudian, but it did explain a lot of his theories in a way that made sense to me, and it didn't necessarily agree with them all. The mystery is incredibly complex, and weaves numerous characters, jealousies and corruption into it, but although there is almost no chance that you will solve it, it does ultimately make sense!

In other news . . . my new laptop arrives on Tuesday. I'm already excited!

I just spent the last hour or so 'following' Harry Potter actors' twitter accounts, and reading their old tweets. Beyond sad.

Paul got two things in the post today that made him very happy - the first being a Poe Bust wallet from Karen Kavett (yes, I am jealous! It is very awesome indeed :) ), and the second being Wii Sports Resort, which I think I'm gonna head downstairs to play now.

Until tomorrow! x

No comments: