Thursday 11 September 2008

I started a blog because . . .

I love the sound of my fingers a-typing. Everyone else is, and you know what I'm like for arriving a decade late for a trend. I kept on losing my diary. It wastes less trees. I was bored. It was another reason to avoid my essay. My brother had one and it looked interesting. I like the idea of having my voice 'out there' even if nobody ever reads this. I spend quite a lot of time away from home, and I'm guessing this is a good way to keep in touch. It will improve my writing. It'll be a permanent record of what I did and watched and listened to and when. I find the idea of a whole network of feelings and thoughts and stories really exciting. Maybe somebody will read my reviews and like them. It feels good to be part of something so global. I'm a bit of a technophobe, but I'm always up for learning something new. It'll be using my Twitter account for something at least vaguely constructive. It seems a bit more educational than wasting hours on youtube. I realised how much of the summer I'd spent without writing a thing. I really do love movies, and this is another place where I can ramble on about them without driving my poor family slightly mad. I'll have forgotten it by next week anyway. I, like everyone else, have a secret hope for some internet fame. I didn't like having nothing to put in the 'your website' section of profile pages. I have no life. It seemed like a missed opportunity for someone who likes the sound of her own words so much. It's a harmless pastime. It's another thing to keep me up until the early hours. I am much better at expressing myself in writing than in person. I am too self-concious to vlog and my glasses would probably be too reflective anyway. I've read some other people's blogs and they made me smile :) It's one of those things that everyone should try, if only once. If you can't beat them, join them. If I die, I'd prefer the people on the news to hover over a screenshot of the blog whilst talking in a low, respectful tone than root through my facebook pics. I have a poor, sleep deprived memory.

Sorry you asked? ;) xx

2 comments:

Paul Graves said...

Go for it you techie blogger type gurl!

ghostwritten said...

I know, I'm turning into quite an internet savvy thing in my old age! ;)