Tuesday 23 September 2008

I love the Mitchell Library . . .

. . . and there's not much more to say. It may very well be my favourite place ever (at the moment) despite the ninety minute journey each way on bus, train and foot. Lots of obscure History books, plenty of desks to work on, friendly staff, atmospheric (and carpeted!) building (which reminds me of the Dolphin Hotel from Murakami's Dance, Dance, Dance), healthy learned-magazine section, numerous graphic novels, an internet cafe and plenty of opportunity for people watching. Most importantly, I seem to be able to actually read some History when I'm there, rather than daydreaming/ checking emails/ reading a novel/ watching TV/ making yet another cup of tea. Which is a good sign, considering I'm back at uni in less than a fortnight :-s